Friday, December 9, 2011

1981-1993 Louisville Sluggers

Hillerich & Bradsby, makers of Louisville Slugger bats and gloves, produced these cards to be attached to the company’s baseball gloves. A small round hole is punched in the upper-left corner of each card to enable them to be attached to the gloves. Undamaged cards are hard to find. Cards were printed with a glossy finish through 1987, when a flat finish was adopted as production moved from Taiwan to the Philippines.

I received these from golfnut500 on ebay. I was so surprised when I saw them in such great condition, without the hole ripped, and with one of them even having the hole still intact and not punched.

Here is part of his listing description, which explains their nice condition:

"Around 1992 I received a phone call from the Attorney for the owner of Louisville Slugger.  He knew me as I (Minnesota Connection) was on page 13 of the popular weekly issue of SCD.  He saw the assortment of items I sold and wanted to know if I was interested in left over inventory of the Cards they produced to be attached to their Baseball Gloves sold all around the country."


Notice the location variation of where it was printed.







No comments:

Post a Comment